Friday 26 September 2014

Mr Ford

Questions


What are you making?


First i answered this question, "a music video" but after mr ford spoke to us then i changed my perception, we are making a media product to sell to our audience and to sell the song. A music video is a video telling us about the song but mainly selling the song to a audience. Ir iathe message behind the song, dreams and inpiration, emotional attatchment


I have to be a producer and a director in order to sell the music video and to make it how i want it. But i need to ask the right questions in a survey to get the right answers from my intended audience. If i don't know who my audience is then i wont be able to sell my product, if i know who my audience is then i can relate the music video towards them and find out their dislike and likes, by what im selling it needs to have an impact on my audience when they watch the music video it will make them feel in a certain way. When i watch an upbeat music video that connects with the song i relate to this and feel the way they do in the music video (happy). For example the music song "happy" when you hear this it does make you feel happy and Pharrel done a very clever music video that can relate to the song and you watch this feeling happy. If the song is depressive or angry this will also be shown in the music video as they need to sell the song and if a music video has a message behind the song you are more likely to watch a music video and listen to the song. If a song has a good music video then you are more than likely to listen and watch it again.

A music video has hidden messages behind it relating to the song but you will only be able to know this messages if you watch the music video and listen to the lyrics of the song. If you watch the music video sub consciously you will not see these hidden messages but if you watch it consciously then you will be able to decode these messages and relate back to the music video and song. I am selling my music video to a intended audience, when i film this music video i will know exactly what to put because i have asked the right questions on my survey so therefore my audience will like my product.

1 comment:

  1. i want much more engagement with audience theory: uses and gratifications and effects model. Please explore and post.

    ReplyDelete